Thursday, January 7, 2010

marta

- What are you doing?

- Hey, stop, it's not ready yet.

- Why?

- Come on, don't hover over my shoulder

I just want it to be perfect. A brilliant teal shimmer of the waters below struck through the reams of the bridge where the air and light of the day seeped through. He raked a hand through his hair and let a sigh. Patterns of flowers bloomed on the ceiling and walls - covered with old cloth and tarp, with reds magentas and lavenders on a seat of yellow felt sky. She asked Bethany who she really admired. I think Tim's acceptable, she said. I wonder what his dick is like. She laughs haughtily. I don't know though, when it really comes down to it I'm afraid. I'm afraid of being naked around him.

Beth, you can't let your personal fears about yourself permeate unto others! Just because you take your showers quick and they're eventful isn't a reason to make someone else uncomfortable! You're going to do it, and you're going to like it. Just put a blanket over yourself, keep it dark.

I don't know. I don't know - it might be cold or icy or something.

Beth - you have no idea. Once you start making out and rubbing each other, you'll be all hot and warm and it's nice.

Beth starts to get up and adjusts her skirt.

Hey, I'm not done yet!

OK fine.

Beth just, just have him over and talk.

About what? It'll just be awkward.

No no! It's only awkward if you make it, if you want it awkward. Just think...sexy. And cool, it'll be alright. Doesn't the idea of being naked with another boy send those tingles down your spine?

Maybe. Sometimes. But if i'm feeling uncomfortable about myself...it just won't feel right.

Well, how can you make it feel right? What do you need, some candles or something? Come on. It's just in your head. Have a drink. Shit.

Marta, i'm just. I'm just not like you. you could do this whenever you want, i need help.

Marta grabbed two soft hands and looked into Beth's hazel eyes. I'm here for you. If I wasn't your friend or didn't like you i wouldn't take the time to help you. i want you to have this experience with this boy because i know you'll like it. You just have to be ready.

OK. Thanks. I'm glad you're here. Thanks, OK? Marta gently holds Beth by her shoulders. She's leaning back but is rocked forward by her hips and Marta's touch. Marta's nose twitches for a second and her eyelids flutter. Beth sighs.

What's wrong anyway, Marta says. I just want you to have fun.

Beth whispers and looks at her shoes. She inhales through her nose and whispers i know Marta. Marta slowly drifts her white hands up Beth's neck and holds her. Beth looks down and breathes softly. Marta leans forward and Beth matches her gaze. Marta smiles and engages Beth's pink lips and she shudders.

Marta...

Another kiss.

Hm ?

It's just been so long...since I've had this.

...

...I know

Their eyes meet and their lips follow. Marta cranes her neck to the side and runs a hand through her hair.

No comments: