Monday, February 23, 2009

Last night

I dropped off C and D's house. It was D's last night in California for a while. We had a bad experience with D last night so O and I were irritated with him. Anyway, I had promised my dad I'd spend some time with him at my house, and that I'd give C a ride home later, even though I didn't really want to.

I see C and D and I was really tired and irritable. D gives me back the copy of Bioshock that I left him. and I find out that C has taken too much Ativan, and even mixed it with some Sparks. This is bad because he is intoxicated and must go home to see his father, who he's had a huge feud with. C figured he could come in to my house but it was too late and I did not want to upset my father. I felt absolutely miserable about his condition, he could not see with his eyes open, his voice depressed and his gait stupefied.

I wanted to get rid of him. But he was apologetic, and a few times just asked me to leave him, and I told him I could not do that. We decided to go to 7-11 so I could get him a strong, sugary and caffeinated beverage but I knew it would not be enough. The plan a to wait for his father to "go to his room", in which C could sneak in and possibly go to sleep without seeing him. He and I both knew he had to go sleep at his house, though we were trying to delay his actual appearance. I believe things worked out though.

He also told me that if for some reason I don't feel comfortable chilling with him or O, my latest circle of close friends, that I should just say so. Sometimes I've been needing more alone time and it seems that I'm always stuck with people. I'm going to be more assertive about this in the future. But C has helped me a lot lately and I owed him that favor last night, and carried it out the best I could.

No comments: