Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gregory

Gregory Aires opened the front door to his house, stepped out of it, and closed and locked the door behind him. He took a breath and began walking to his bus stop. Grey was the road and sidewalk constructed from concrete. Each house on the block had its own color scheme and set of trees and its own lawn depicting the amount of effort the owner put into its growth. Gregory Aires didn't think about how this particular day at the office would turn out, it was only Tuesday. No holiday, no early closing, no particular events in mind; he was just going to work. Of course, he was not free from his own thoughts.

April 14th taxes must do tonight do i have a program yes that's paid and that letter from AT&T bill has to be corrected should call Margie owe her a call sweet woman smile her hospitality shit Ryan was annoyed other day but Rosie says its fine the Charter assignment is due today maybe shopping after or to take the car in no time for that maybe I'll text Ryan or just wait and talk to him when I'm there did I take the Zyrtec yeah how much longer what am I gonna do those benefits don't kick in until fuck GP is general practitioner is there a meeting yes I got the cookies and W2s ready should make time at lunch and I fed Proust he'll be good as usual what about the farting yeah at the store I'll get that special stuff


He pulled an apple from his coat pocket and took a bite or two

A little more bitter than the Granny Smith I'm used to...

No comments: